[EnergyPlus_Support] Domestic Hot Water

Hello all,

  I try to simulate a domestic hot water system where the 'source' side of the water heater is connected to a boiler supply, which provides with hot water the pipe in the water heater (in my system the boiler also provides hot water for  a hot water radiator).

  For the simulation of the water heater and the 'use' (domestic hot water) side of it, I used the example file of the EnergyPlus 'WaterHeaterDHWPlantLoop'. In this example however the heat source in the water heater is electricity. I set these fields to natural gas. Also, I connected the source side to the boiler supply side using a pump, splitter and mixer as shown in the file attached.

  Could you please tell me what corrections should I make in my simulation?
  In the error message file I am getting the following connection errors:

   ** Severe  ** Node Connection Error, Node="WATER HEATER SOURCE INLET NODE", Inlet node did not find an appropriate matching "outlet" node.
   **   ~~~   ** If this is an outside air inlet node, it must be listed in an OUTSIDE AIR NODE or OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST object.
   **   ~~~   ** Reference Object=BRANCH, Name=WATER HEATER SOURCE BRANCH
   ** Severe  ** Node Connection Error, Node="WATER HEATER SOURCE EXIT PIPE INLET NODE", Inlet node did not find an appropriate matching "outlet" node.
   **   ~~~   ** If this is an outside air inlet node, it must be listed in an OUTSIDE AIR NODE or OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST object.
   **   ~~~   ** Reference Object=BRANCH, Name=WATER HEATER SOURCE OUTLET BRANCH
   ** Severe  ** Node Connection Error, Node="WATER HEATER SOURCE EXIT PIPE INLET NODE", Inlet node did not find an appropriate matching "outlet" node.
   **   ~~~   ** If this is an outside air inlet node, it must be listed in an OUTSIDE AIR NODE or OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST object.
   **   ~~~   ** Reference Object=PIPE, Name=WATER HEATER SOURCE EXIT PIPE
   ** Severe  ** Node Connection Error, Node="WATER HEATER SOURCE ENTRANCE PIPE INLET NODE", Inlet node did not find an appropriate matching "outlet" node.
   **   ~~~   ** If this is an outside air inlet node, it must be listed in an OUTSIDE AIR NODE or OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST object.
   **   ~~~   ** Reference Object=PIPE, Name=WATER HEATER SOURCE ENTRANCE PIPE
   ** Warning ** Potential Node Connection Error for object WATER HEATER:STRATIFIED, name=WATER HEATER
   **   ~~~   **   Node Types are still UNDEFINED -- See Branch/Node Details file for further information
   **   ~~~   **   Inlet Node : WATER HEATER SOURCE INLET NODE
   **   ~~~   **   Outlet Node: WATER HEATER SOURCE OUTLET NODE
   ** Warning ** Node Connection Error for object PIPE, name=WATER HEATER SOURCE ENTRANCE PIPE
   **   ~~~   **   Pipe Nodes not on any Branch or Parent Object
   **   ~~~   **   Inlet Node : WATER HEATER SOURCE ENTRANCE PIPE INLET NODE
   **   ~~~   **   Outlet Node: WATER HEATER SOURCE LOOP INLET NODE
   ************* There were 6 node connection errors noted.

  With regards,
  Katerina