Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Earthtube schedule simulation.

1.  Run the simulation and report Outdoor Dry Bulb, hourly.

2.  Create a spreadsheet using the hourly values of Outdoor Dry Bulb, and
compute a column of hourly values of 1 or 0 based on your operation rules.

3.  Save the results as a csv (comma separated) file.

4.  Use SCHEDULE:FILE:COMMA to read this file as a schedule.

Mike

On 29 Oct 2007 at 4:20, peteryjlin wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam to whom is concerned:
>
> We are running an earthtube simulation case in Taiwan and like to apply
> this system in a house of three floors when the ambient environment is
> under 15 degree C or above 27 degree C. When the ambient temperature is
> between 15 to 27 degree C, we are planning to use natural ventilation
> to maintain indoor environment condition. However, we do not know how
> to set up this kind of conditional schedule for earthtube system so
> far. ON when it is under 15 degree C or above 27 degree C, and OFF when
> it is between 15 and 27 degree C. If any one of you have idea on
> setting up this kind of schedule, please let me know at your
> convenience.
>
> Best Regards
>

> Peter

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx