[EnergyPlus_Support] Constant Volume AHU

Hello All,

I?m trying to simulate a Constant Volume Air Handling Unit to control
temperature in a single zone. The real AHU has a cooling coil and an heating
coil without terminal reheat.

The air set-point temperature of the cooling coil is 16ºC and the air
set-point  temperature of the heating coil is 22ºC. The zone heating
set-point is 20ºC and the cooling set-point is 25ºC.

The return air is mixed with outside air (25 % of total AHU flow rate).

The type of control in the coils is on-off:  If there is zone load to meet,
the supply air is provided at a  temperature of 16 ºC  or  22ºC depending if
we are cooling or heating. If there isn?t zone load to meet the supply air
temperature is the mixed air temperature.

I?m not a very experienced energy plus user in what concerns to simulate
HVAC systems. For what I?ve learned with the example files, the way used to
control zone temperature with constant volume systems  is by varying supply
air temperature, using an AHU with cooling coil and terminal reheat as the
Air Distribution Equipment.

Is there a way to simulate the AHU which operates in the way I?ve described?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Filipe Madureira

Tel: +351 919 293 876 | E-mail: filipe.madureira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FluidInova, Engenharia de Fluidos, SA

TECMAIA - Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia da Maia

Rua Engº Frederico Ulrich, nº 2650  |  4470-605 Moreira da Maia | Portugal

Tel: (351) 229 408 265  |  Fax: (351) 229 408 266

E-mail:  <mailto:geral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> geral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Web:
<http://www.fluidinova.pt/> http://www.fluidinova.pt/