Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Some questions about the PreProcess slab.exe

Dear all:

  Because my simulation building is a one story house and the floor area is small, I think the heat transfer of the ground is very importan. Any body can help me ? I am troubled with the problem for many days.
  How can I define the dimension the slab? Does the area of the equivslab need to equal  the building area?

basill_xw <basill_xw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Recently I plan to do the simulation for a one floor building , and I
think the the heat transfer of the gourd is very important for this
case. So I read the introduction of the slab.exe carefully. And now I
have some questions about the PreProcess slab.exe.
1. Do we must use an equivalent slab to calculate the ground
temperature? If I don't use the quivslab model, where do I input the
dimension of the slab?
2. If EquivSlab model selected, the default shape of the slab is
foursquare, and can the program calculate the ground temperature of a
rectangular slab? And I know the slab.exe is a 3-D heat transfer
model. So I think it can calculate the ground temperature of a random
rectangular slab.
By the way, I use EnergyPlus V2.1.0.023.And where can I get more
example input files for slab.exe?