Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Some questions about the PreProcess slab.exe

It would appear that the answers to your questions are in the
documentation on the slab program (PDF Auxiliary Programs, pg
92ff.  However, I am not an expert in this area.

If you choose the equivslab option, then you can enter the Area to
perimeter ratio and select TRUE for the equivalent slab option.  you
then enter more parameters with the EquivAutoGrid option.  you
apparently do not need to enter the full area of the building/slab.

If you choose not to enter the Equivslab option, then you enter the
Autogrid option with the Length and Width dimensions of your slab.

At 05:00 AM 11/27/2007, wei xiao wrote:
>   Because my simulation building is a one story house and the floor
> area is small, I think the heat transfer of the ground is very
> importan. Any body can help me ? I am troubled with the problem for many days.
>   How can I define the dimension the slab? Does the area of the
> equivslab need to equal  the building area?

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
Member: EnergyPlus Development Team