Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] DOE-2 and EnergyPlus calculated different cooling loads for the same building

I do not believe any heat transfer is considered between the inner and
outer portions of the light shelf (a Surface:HeatTransfer surface on the
inside, and a Surface:Shading:Attached on the outside).  You need to
create two windows, one above the shelf and one below the shelf.  See
details under Daylighting Device:Shelf under Group - Daylighting in the
Input/Output Reference documentation.  Figure 62 is a bit misleading
since it shows one continuous window from above the shelf to below the
shelf.  Figure 63 is a more accurate representation of the two windows
and the two shelf surfaces.

Rob Hitchcock
=======