Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Some general EnergyPlus questions from a prospective user

Dear Atiya,

  I can tell you my opinion for the second question you made. I think the best graphic interface is DesignBuilder. It is really easy to use and there are really good tutorials to watch before starting using this interface. Even without the tutorials if you know the basic structure of energy plus and the way Energy Plus is built, objects, zones, materials e.t.c you can even learn how to use Design Builder by just playing with it, cliking here and there. If you are a student you can have a 90% discount for buying an oroginal licence.

  Tasos

tiya23 <ahasan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding EnergyPlus.

1) Does the program allow for importing BIM information, created in
REVIT or a similar program, into the energy model?

2) In your expert opinion, which is the best of the graphical interface
programs available to use with EnergyPlus?

3) What advantages/disadvantages does EnergyPlus have in relation to
IES's "Virtual Environment" software, which integrates energy modeling
software and other simulation tools with AutoCAD/REVIT?

<http://www.iesve.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Our%20Software>

Thanks for your help.

Atiya