Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] A Question About FANCOIL:4PIPE

The outside air flow rate in the fancoil model is fixed.  Whenever the fancoil
unit is schedule to be on, the fan runs continuously and the outside air flow
rate is constant.  There are no other control options available for the fancoil
unit.  When the outdoor air temperature is cool outside, the cooling coil in
the fancoil unit will automatically consume less chilled water since the
outside air is providing some cooling.  But there is no way to increase the
outside air flow as with an economizer.

If the outside air flow rate is autosized, the flow is according to the ZONE
SIZING inputs.

Mike

On 15 Dec 2007 at 12:52, Àî ×¼ wrote:

> Dear EnergyPlus Support Team:
>    I am simulating a building using fancoil for air-conditioning and my
> IDF is just like the example file "FancoilAutosize".I want to know how
> the Fancoil:4pipe modulates the outside air flow rate.
>    How is the maximun outside air rate autosized?Is it just determined
> by ZONESIZING?Is the outside air flow aways set to the autosized
> maximun outside air flow rate?
>    I want to use outside air for free cooling when the outdoor
> temperature is lower than the zone air set point.Am I supposed to creat
> a CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR for the fancoil out side air mixer?Wheather or
> not the FANCOIL;4PIPE  modulates the outside air flow in a complex way
> just like CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR?
>    Thanks for your help!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx