From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Michael J. Witte
Sent: Thu 20/12/2007 4:06 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Hydbrid control and compact hvac

If you look at the example file HybridVentilationControl.idf, you will see that
there are two system availability manager.  One that is listed in the air
primary loop's availability manager list (this will be generated by the COMPACT
HVAC expander) and then there is a SYSTEM AVAILABILITY MANAGER:HYBRID
VENTILATION CONTROL object which stands by itself and is not referenced in any
list.  So it should work to simply add a SYSTEM AVAILABILITY MANAGER:HYBRID
VENTILATION CONTROL object to the base idf file which contains the COMPACT HVAC
objects.

Mike

On 16 Dec 2007 at 11:37, Justin Wong wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to simulate a building using mixed mode. Is it possible to
> use the hybrid control manager to switch off the supply air fan in
> compactHVAC:System:Unitary or do I have to resort to using the expanded
> version?
>
> Many thanks for your comments.
>
> Best Regards,
> Justin

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx