Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] A question about primary and secondary loop configuration

If you want to create two separate chilled water loops using COMPACT HVAC, you
must make two different idf files, and then merge them expidf files by hand
using a text editor.

For this particular application, it may work for you to use COMPACT HVAC to
create a chilled water loop serving the cooling coils with variable flow
primary and variable flow secondary.  Then, using the expidf file, add LOW TEMP
RADIANT SYSTEM:CONSTANT FLOW to the simulation.

Mike

On 20 Dec 2007 at 11:02, Zhen Tian wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a question about the configuration of primary and secondary chilled water
> loops.
>
> The primary chilled water loop has variable flow pump. Connected secondary loops
> have two pumps, one constant flow pump for radiant panels and one variable flow
> pump for cooling coils. In the compact HVAC, it does not allow two chilled water
> loops. Does anyone has experience how to arrange this configuration?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> David

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx