[EnergyPlus_Support] Air Flow between Zones

Hi all,

I working in a commercial building which has the following characteristics:

1.       A central zone rounded by several adjacent zones

2.       The adjacent zones communicate with central zone through doors.

3.       A central system (CV or VAV, it isn? t defined yet) provides
treated  fresh (outside)  air to central zone. The air flow rate  accounts
with the necessary fresh air to central  and adjacent zones

4.       It is planned that adjacent zones have negative pressure  in a way
that the compensating air flow rate come from central zone through the door
(an extraction fan will exhaust an air flow rate equal to the fresh air
needed in the zone ). Adjacent zones will also have a zone forced air unit
to provide the necessary local  heating or cooling.

Is it possible to simulate this situation? I?m not sure if I can do this
with Airflow NetWork .

One of my issues is that in the central air loop:

Return air flow rate + Zone exhaust Flow rate= Supply air flow rate

so I don? t know if air loop could take in account the air flow rate that
passes to adjacent zones

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Filipe Madureira

Tel: +351 919 293 876 | E-mail: filipe.madureira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FluidInova, Engenharia de Fluidos, SA

TECMAIA - Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia da Maia

Rua Engº Frederico Ulrich, nº 2650  |  4470-605 Moreira da Maia | Portugal

Tel: (351) 229 408 265  |  Fax: (351) 229 408 266

E-mail:  <mailto:geral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> geral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Web:
<http://www.fluidinova.pt/> http://www.fluidinova.pt/