[EnergyPlus_Support] Calculating Direct Normal Radiation

Dear All,

I´m calculating the component "Direct Normal Radiation" for my weather
file. Although EnergyPlus can calculate it, I would like to compare
the value with collected data and make a hand calculation just to be
close in understanding this process calculation.

The component ""Hour" described in "Data File Description" from the
"Auxiliary Manual" within the Weather Converter calculations, stands
for  "Legal Real Time" our "Real Solar Time"? I need to know this so I
can compute correctly the solar height.

In the "Auxiliary Manual" the "Illuminance" variable values are
described as a "not use" variable in EnergyPlus calculations. What I
would like to know is, if the software really takes into account this
values in "Daylight" calculations. I have them to include in the
weather file but I´m not sure if they are needed.

Thanks for help
Nuno