[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: modelling night sky cooling

Hi All
I have been poring over the Ground Heat Exchanger:Pond engineering
ref, input/output ref, and example providedy with E+, so far with
fairly little progress. All I want to do is compare the use of a
cooling tower supplying a heat exchanger with the use of a pond:I
have some questions:

1) Does the sky temp come with a standard weather file?
2) Does the pond heat exchanger have to act as a heat exchanger, or
can water be pumped out of it into a heat exchanger, then returned?
3) I'm trying to get my head around how everything fits together,
so :
   3.1) Do all the components of the system exist on a "Plant Loop"
   3.2) Are they all connected through "branches" and "nodes"?
4) Is it possible to run it standalone to simplify it so that I can
just see what temperature the pond reaches overnight?

cheers
Danny

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mapascualb"