From: "Nuno Costa Brandão" <ncostab@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:13 AM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Airflow Network/Modelling of a Mechanical
Ventilation System with Heat Recovery

Dear All,

For my master thesis, I have to model several passive designed
buildings and obtain its energy consumption. I know that with EPlus I
can easily model a mechanical ventilation system with heat recovery,
but I´m not sure about EPlus capabilities to model the system with an
integrated Airflow Network. From the I/O reference there are plenty of
restrictions and I´m not sure that EnergyPlus is the right tool to
model this kind of  simulation.

Does anyone has experience modelling airflow networks in passive
designed buildings? Does anyone has suggestions for the best choice to
model an Airflow Network with a system described as the above? Which
is the best choice?

Thanks for the help
Nuno

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
Documentation link and press the "search" button.