RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] sketch-up plugins: top down vs bottom up

Hi Jason,

Yes!  Actually, Google wants to help out with making the web cast...it
was their idea.  In general SketchUp does a really good job with their
user instructional materials.  I also plan to incorporate animated GIFs
into my help files...similar to the Instructor window in SU.  See the
menu item Window/Instructor.  It's all just a matter of finding the time
to do it.  Have to get the plugin running well first!

By the way, Jason.  Would you have any interest in collaborating on
something like an embedded IDF Editor inside of SketchUp (part of the
plugin)?  It would have to be written in Ruby with wxRuby for the GUI
toolkit, so that would be a complete rewrite.  I was also thinking that
a hierarchical tree view would be really nice-I have a lot of ideas on
how to do that.  I think the Ruby IDF Editor could also be written
modularly so that it could run stand-alone outside of SketchUp as well.
What do you think?  Nothing starting anytime soon, just sometime down
the road.