[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Mac OS?

Matthew,

I do occasionally, but I am not aware of an official idf editor for
Mac.  I am a big fan of TextMate.  It is a generic text editor that
utilizes "bundles" to support a wide variety of syntaxes.  In addition
to basic syntax highlighting, bundles typically provide more advanced
features such as code completion.  I have created a rather primative
EnergyPlus bundle for TextMate.  Presently, the bundle provides syntax
highlighting, class browsing and searching, as well as a nifty feature
that allows you auto generate an object's fields simply by typing the
class name followed by a shortcut key.  If you partially type a class
name, you are presented with a drop down menu of all matches.  It is
by no means a polished product, but I can send you the bundle if you
would like it.  The downside is that TextMate is around 50 dollars, so
unless you need a good text editor for other purposes it might not be
worth it to you.

You could always use Parallels or WMware Fusion to virtualize Windows
and run the idf editor.

Cheers,

Kyle Benne

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matthew Flannery"