Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] AirFlow Window on a Zone

There are two approaches to modeling double facades in EnergyPlus.  One
approach uses an airflow window (modeled using WindowGapAirflowControl)
to represent the double façade zone.  A second approach models the
double façade zone as a separate zone with glazed exterior and interior
walls.  The second approach uses standard window constructions on the
exterior façade that can include a shade/blind on the outside, inside,
or between glazing layers.  This exterior window can also be an airflow
window.  The interior wall can contain standard window constructions,
but without any shading layer, and cannot be an airflow window.  The
Airflow Network model can be used to simulate the effects of airflow
within this exterior double-façade zone and between the outdoors and
adjacent zones whether or not the zone is mechanically conditioned.

Rob
========