[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Staging baseboard and reheat coil

Dear E+ Forum,

In further attempts to solve this problem, I removed the baseboard
completely .... and found that the reheat coils still do not operate.
 The file now is very similar to the example file 5ZoneCostEst.idf.

I suspect that my problem in this file is the same as exists in the
baseboard file, but I still need help finding the problem.  Thanks in
advance. (File uploaded shortly)

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "JV Dirkes II" <jvd2pe@...>
wrote:

> [...]
>     3;                       !- Heating Priority 3
>
> AIR DISTRIBUTION UNIT,
>     AirDistUnit_Floors 3thru5,  !- Air Distribution Unit Name
>     NodeIn_Zn_Floors 3thru5, !- Air Dist Unit Outlet Node Name
>     SINGLE DUCT:VAV:REHEAT,  !- KEY--System Component Type 1
>     RhtCTRL_Floors 3thru5;   !- Component Name 1
>
> SINGLE DUCT:VAV:REHEAT,
>     RhtCTRL_Floors 3thru5,   !- Name of System
>     SchCpct_AlwaysOn,        !- System Availability schedule
>     NodeOut_VVDpr_Floors 3thru5,  !- DAMPER Air Outlet Node
>     NodeOut_ZnSpltr_Floors 3thru5,  !- UNIT Air Inlet Node
>     Autosize,                !- Maximum air flow rate {m3/s}
>     0.3,                     !- Zone Minimum Air Flow Fraction
>     NodeIn_RhtWtr_ParkingLobbies,  !- Control node
>     COIL:WATER:SIMPLEHEATING,!- Reheat Component Object
>     RhtCoil_Floors 3thru5,   !- Name of Reheat Component
>     Autosize,                !- Max Reheat Water Flow {m3/s}
>     0,                       !- Min Reheat Water Flow {m3/s}
>     NodeIn_Zn_Floors 3thru5, !- UNIT Air Outlet Node
>     0.001,                   !- Convergence Tolerance
>     NORMAL;                  !- Damper Heating Action
>
> COIL:Water:SimpleHeating,
>     RhtCoil_Floors 3thru5,   !- Coil Name
>     SchCpct_HtgAvail_AH1,    !- Available Schedule
>     Autosize,                !- UA of the Coil {W/K}
>     Autosize,                !- Max Water Flow Rate of Coil {m3/s}
>     NodeIn_RhtWtr_Floors 3thru5,  !- Coil_Water_Inlet_Node
>     NodeOut_RhtWtr_Floors 3thru5,  !- Coil_Water_Outlet_Node
>     NodeOut_VVDpr_Floors 3thru5,  !- Coil_Air_Inlet_Node
>     NodeIn_Zn_Floors 3thru5, !- Coil_Air_Outlet_Node
>     UA and Design Water Flow Rate,  !- Coil Performance Input Method
>     Autosize,                !- Nominal Capacity {W}
>     82.2,                    !- Design Inlet Water Temperature {C}
>     12.8,                    !- Design Inlet Air Temperature {C}
>     65.6,                    !- Design Outlet Water Temperature {C}
>     40.6;                    !- Design Outlet Air Temperature {C}
>

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "JV Dirkes II" <jvd2pe@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Matthew!  I remember now about that prioritization within Zone
> > Equipment List; we'll see how it works for this situation.
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matthew Flannery"
> > <matthew.flannery@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Have you tried looking at your zone equipment list?  This only
> works if
> > > you're out of compact mode.  In this tab you define your zone
heating
> > > priority for reheat coils and baseboard heaters.
> > >

> > > !-   ===========  ALL OBJECTS IN CLASS: ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST
> ===========
> > >

> > > ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST,
> > >
> > >     Zone_1 Equipment,        !- Name
> > >
> > >     AIR DISTRIBUTION UNIT,   !- KEY--Zone Equipment Type 1
> > >
> > >     Zone_1 Reheat Coil,      !- Type Name 1
> > >
> > >     2,                       !- Cooling Priority 1
> > >
> > >     2,                       !- Heating Priority 1
> > >
> > >     BASEBOARD HEATER:WATER:CONVECTIVE,  !- KEY--Zone Equipment
Type 2

> > >     Zone_1 Baseboard,        !- Type Name 2
> > >
> > >     1,                       !- Cooling Priority 2
> > >
> > >     1;                       !- Heating Priority 2
> > >

> > > Matthew Flannery, LEED A.P.
> > >
> > > Mechanical Engineer
> > >
> > > Buro Happold Consulting Engineers, PC
> > > 100 Broadway