Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Equipment Performance Curves

Thanks!  Our group pimarily uses Trane Trace for HVAC design and then follow-on energy calcs.  We are just starting to look at EnergyPlus which is a whole different sort of program.  This spreadsheet will help us get started on some energy runs to determine if EnergyPlus is the way to go.

  Rick

JV Dirkes II <jvd2pe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
          Dear Rick,

I've got a spreadsheet started which does some curve coefficient
creation for boilers and pumps. I'll upload it shortly.

It's not too refined, but may be useful for you. Look it over
carefully before using!

As you see an opportunity for, or make, an improvement, please share
it back!

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rick Ellison <nosiller@...>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any tools that you have used or can be shared to
generate the ASHRAE 90.1 minimum efficiency curves for chillers (.IDF
files) for the EnergyPlus program?

> Has anyone created an .IDF file that contains ASHRAE 90.1 minimum
efficiency curves for chillers? The chillers.idf is a very old data
set. What about other equipmet such as cooling towers, boilers, fans
and pumps?