Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] High cooling energy values.

----- Original Message ----
From: Deepak Gv <gv.deepak@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2008 8:43:50 PM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] High cooling energy values.

Hello Everyone,

I am involved in the simulation of Window blinds. I have been performing some simulations for simple blinds system. I am having a 6'X6' window on an 10' X 11' wall.  From the output results that i am getting, I observe that the Sensible cooling energy values are much higher than the  Total HVAC electric demand for the building. Once I go to Sensible heating for a different design day, I observe that the Sensible heating energy is equal to the Total HVAC electric demand.( After converting the energy values in joules to power (watt) ).

Also for the designed office room I observe that the heating load (HVAC) values  seem to be a  higher than expected.( Around 1300 W/ hour) as compared to cooling load of 390 W / hour. The difference in interior temperature and the exterior temperature being of the ratio of 1:2 .

I would be attaching the Idf editor file as well as the excel sheet along.

Whole Building:Total HVAC Electric Demand [W](Hourly)
Thank you

G V DEEPAK

Graduate Research Assistant
M. E. Rinker, Sr. School of Building Construction
University Of Florida