[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Fwd: Warning: Maximum iterations exceeded

I didn't worry too much, at first, because the temperature control is
actually pretty good.
The thing that got me worried is that the warnings are pretty
repetitive (estimating nº of warnings over nº of predefined time
steps, 4 per hour, about 40% have warnings).

Thanks,
Ana.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
<RRaustad@...> wrote:

> I'm not so sure smoothing schedules will help to any degree. You
may
> have been reading a post with regard to the zone temperature being
> slightly lower than the zone temperature set point. I think you
should
> look at how the zone temperatures are controlled with respect to
the
> zone temperature set point. Even when the maximum iteration limit
is
> exceeded, the error in the predicted energy use can be very small.
> Checking your results should always be the final step in any
simulation.

> anarui.oliveira wrote:
> >
> > I have browsed through old messages mentioning this topic, and
got the
> > idea that maybe the fact that internal gains' schedules change
quite
> > abruptly can contribute to this problem?
> > If I "smooth" this schedules (by detailing, in smaller intervals,
the
> > equivalent linear variations of the original hourly schedules),
could
> > it help?
> >
> > In any case, when I get these warnings, how can it affect the
energy
> > loads estimates?
> >
> > Thanks again for any help,
> >
> > Ana.
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>, "anarui.oliveira"
> > <anarui.oliveira@> wrote:
> >
> > Any hints about the possible causes and effects of the Maximum
> > iterations warnings?
> >
> > ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations (20) exceeded for all
HVAC