[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Simple Sizing Parameter Question

Dear All,

I've been thinking about this, in large part because LEED
certifications allow different sizing factors for heating and cooling.

It seems that you could do the following to get separate heating and
cooling sizing factors from E+:

1) Develop a working model using Sizing Parameters or Zone Sizing
factor of 1.0
2) Review the component sizing information for each zone and determine
whether the heating or cooling load dominates that particular zone.
3) Apply individual zone sizing factors in the Zone Sizing objects
that meet your goals.

In the case of a LEED project, you might find a zone that's
heating-dominated and use 1.25 as the zone sizing factor.  For
cooling-dominated zones, use 1.15.

p.s., I have NOT tried this out yet.  My LEED projects thus far have
plenty of savings using an across-the-board 1.15 factor.  Since that's
easier and faster.....

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Griffith, Brent"