Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] the cooling capacity of the chiller (ask again)

Lym,

Although the 2 different systems are controlling the buildings to the
same thermostat
setpoints and the weather is the same, the 2 systems are controlled
differently and so
perform differently in terms of load the chillers have to meet. The fan
coil is sized
to meet the zone loads (plus ventilation load if any) while the VAV
system is sized to meet
the central system load, which depends upon the supply air temperature
among other
things. For the chillers, you could size one of the cases by hand. You
should then also
set the loop flow rate by hand.

Fred Buhl