[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations (40) exceeded

Dear Brent, Richard and others,

I've taken a look at these Report Variables, and I'm not quite sure what some of the information means.

An example is:

   **   ~~~   ** HVAC Tolerance Flags=[0000000] Enthalpy[0],MassFlow[0],HumRat[0],Pressure[0],FlowQual[0],Energy[0],Temp[0]..0=ok,1=fail
   **   ~~~   ** HVAC Tolerance Values, Most Recent listed first
   **   ~~~   ** HVAC EnthalpyTol=0.000, MassFlowTol=0.000, HumRatTol=0.0000, PressureTol=0
   **   ~~~   **      FlowQualTol=0.00, EnergyTol=0.000, TempTol=0.00

This appears that everything is OK for the HVAC tolerance issues, since all the values are zero.  I don't know what these flags represent, though. Do you?

For the PlantFlow Tolerance flags, I appear to have problems:

   **   ~~~   ** Plant Tolerance Flags=[01000101] Enthalpy[0],MassFlow[1],HumRat[0],Pressure[0],FlowQual[0],Energy[1],Temp[0],PlantFlowMassFlow[1]..0=ok,1=fail

   **   ~~~   ** Plant Tolerance Values, Most Recent listed first

   **   ~~~   ** Plant EnthalpyTol=0.000, MassFlowTol=3.758, HumRatTol=0.0000, PressureTol=0

   **   ~~~   **      FlowQualTol=3.76, EnergyTol=1018145.415, TempTol=0.00

   **   ~~~   ** PlantFlowFlowTol=3.758

I've searched my Report Variable values, which include total air and water flows, but these highlighted values do not show up anywhere.  So once again, I'm not sure what they are.

It would help to know what flow is referred to:  Airflow or water flow?  Same question for mass, although I suspect that solving a flow problem will also resolve the mass problem.

I suspect, too, that "PlantFlow" always refers to a Plant Loop.  In my case, that's a hot water heating loop.

In summary:
1) If I fail an HVAC tolerance flag, where do I look for a cause? or what should I report more extensively to see what's going on?
2) If I fail a Plant Tolerance flag, where do I look for a cause?
3) Are the flows referred to in the tolerance flags airflow or waterflow?

Thanks!

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov