RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations (40) exceeded

System iterations are also a report variable.  I recommend exploring when the issues occur by looking at the number of iterations reported at the timestep or detailed frequency.  See the RDD file of course, but the variables are ‘HVACManage Iterations’ and ‘SimAir Iterations’

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of JV Dirkes II
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:27 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ** Warning ** SimHVAC: Maximum iterations (40) exceeded

Dear Brent,

That's helpful!
I think I'm in the "when things are changing quickly" situation, but
there are a LOT of "recovery from setback" situations during a year;
almost every morning in my case. When there are more than a dozen or
so of these max iteration conditions, E+ just condenses the rest of
them into a message saying that you had "XX" max iteration warnings.
This, of course, means that you don't really know where they're all
coming from. My hope is that the first few are representative; if
not, I'll be forced to guess a lot.

I was hoping to figure out a process that helped identify the source
of most of the iteration errors. In my current model, there are
relatively few unmet load hours, which I take as a good sign.
Nonetheless, there are 2800 maximum iteration warnings and that seems
like a lot...

Any other hints?

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@yahoogroups.com, "Griffith, Brent"