[EnergyPlus_Support] Steam baseboard heating

Dear E+ Forum,

I'm modeling a church which has steam baseboard heating.

It appears to me that:
  1. Steam and hot water boilers are essentially the same object.  Hot water boilers, however, allow parasitic electric loads that will work well for the boiler's power burner.  (I wonder why the Steam boiler object doesn't have this field?)
  2. Since they appear to be the same, I can use part-load coefficients in the same way.
  3. There is no steam baseboard object, so hot water baseboard seems like a simple alternative.  The all-steam approach would be to define an air handler with a steam coil and low energy fan that mimics the condensate pump energy, but that seems like more work than it's worth.
  4. I should be able to define a hot water pump such that it uses the same energy as a condensate pump by defining pump head appropriately and making it variable speed.
Has anyone got some experience doing this?  Does it sound like I'm headed in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!