[EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus and thermal bridges or ...!

Hi
I'm a beginner, and I need your help.

I have created a cubic room (3*3*3m) in energy plus with a window
(1*1m) on the
south facade. I have also made air temperature of this room constant
throughout the year. I ran this model in 2 ways:

1.with adiabatic opaque surfaces (with extremely high thermal
resistance)
2.with regular opaque surfaces (with regular thermal resistance such
as 0.5 W/m2K)

I observed that conductive heat loss of the window in model (1) is
about 60 percent higher than that in the model (2).

Is it because of thermal bridge effect? And does energy plus consider
thermal bridges?
Or is it because of something that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Farhang