From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of JV Dirkes II
Sent: 22 September 2008 01:39
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Heating Energy during summer analysis
with DesignBuilder

Dear Wiiliam,

I'm not quite sure what "Heat Generation" means in your particular
simulation, however here are some ideas......

1) Numerous sources, including all the lighting and plug loads create
heat during the summer
2) Certain weather periods may cause your heating system to operate in
the "summer", such as night time and cool spells
3) Try exporting your DB model to E+ and selecting a number of Report
Variables which will help you understand where the extra energy is used.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William"
<ultimateslacker@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used DesignBuilder to simulate the energy changes of a building in
> Washington D.C. I do not understand why there are positive values for
> Heat Generation (Electricity) during the summer.
>
> Why does the simulation produce this results when during the summer
> period, heating will be turned off. Is it due to other factors that
> I'm not aware about ?
>
> Thank you for your help and clarification.
>
> Regards,
> William

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
Documentation link and press the "search" button.