[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Node Connection Error

The surface in which the radiant system is installed must be specified as a "construction with internal source."

>>> "kristin1goovaerts" <kristin1goovaerts@xxxxxxxxx> 10/26/2008 8:49 AM >>>

Hi,

I'm having the exact same errors : "Construction referenced in
Hydronic Radiant System surface does not have a source/sink".
However, there is nothing wrong with these surfaces or constructions
since the idf ran perfectly before I tried to add a low temp radiant
system.
What could be the problem?

Thanks.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@yahoogroups.com, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@...> wrote:

> The simulation halted before it retrieved all of the input. You
must fix these
> errors first:
>
> ** Severe ** Construction referenced in Constant Flow Radiant
System
> Surface does not have a source/sink
> ** ~~~ ** Surface name= E_1986_0_0_0 Construction name = 5
> ** Severe ** Construction referenced in Constant Flow Radiant
System
> Surface does not have a source/sink
> ** ~~~ ** Surface name= F_1986_10021_0_10020 Construction
name = 8
> ** Severe ** Construction referenced in Constant Flow Radiant
System
> Surface does not have a source/sink
> ** ~~~ ** Surface name= E_1329_0_0_0 Construction name = 5
> ** Fatal ** GetLowTempRadiantSystem: Errors found in input.
Preceding
> conditions cause termination.
>
> Mike
>

> On 25 Oct 2007 at 20:55, davide.loba wrote:
>
> > I have many problems with branches connection and node types.
> > For example:
> > ** ~~~ ** Reference Object=COIL:WATER:SIMPLEHEATING,
Name=UTA1
> > POST COIL
> > ** Severe ** Node Connection Error, Node="UTA1 HUMIDIFIER
OUTLET",
> > Inlet node did not find an appropriate matching "outlet" node.
> >
> > ** Warning ** Potential Node Connection Error for object
> > HUMIDIFIER:STEAM:ELECTRICAL, name=UTA1 HUMIDIFIER
> > ** ~~~ ** Node Types are still UNDEFINED -- See
Branch/Node
> > Details file for further information
> > ** ~~~ ** Inlet Node : UTA1 HW COIL AIR OUTLET
> > ** ~~~ ** Outlet Node: UTA1 HUMIDIFIER OUTLET
> >
> > In the .bnd file there are many **Unknown** fields, concernig the
> > plant loop name and type, but I cannot solve this problem.
> >
> > For the complete errors file:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wPUgRy3FFX3rAa6MxNG4XOp6R6tbL5_VGftSPy-
8haZaTat5_X5

SQbdp8kYknWRqYSdlc54ul8408VbKtWbsQ9HFA0UIsib0dg/_Problem_Submittals/Lo
ba Error
> > s.txt
> >
> > May you help me?
> > Thanks
> > Loba

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder
> > in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> >
> > EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf
under the
> > Documentation link and press the "search" button.
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
> EnergyPlus Testing and Support
> EnergyPlus-Support@...

Attachment not found:
C:\Users\lklawrie\Downloads\Embedded\[EnergyPlus_Support] Re Node C.gif