[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: how to change the outdoor air flow rate?

Why do I want EnergyPlus to INTERACT with MATLAB, FORTRAN or others
program language?
I just want to change the flow rate by myself, becasue I need the
flow rate to change in certain timesteps. I want to know how the
temperature changes in a given air flow rate in a VAV system, but the
Energyplus always, in my opinion, give the trend of air flow rate to
meet the zone setpoint.
Maybe what I say has some misunderstanding, please point out!
I will try my best to make it clear.
Thanks a lot!

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, D T <ellinas.1984@...>
wrote:

> To address your last question, whether EnergyPlus interacts with
any software, I know that there are software programs you can use to
draw up a building and define building geometry and dimensions. You
can then export these files to EnergyPlus. From personal experience,
I know that you can specifically use DesignBuilder (a graphic user
interface software package compatible w/ EnergyPlus) to draw the
facility and define the loads for your building and then export the
idf file to EnergyPlus. I know that there is also a plugin program
that lets you define building geometry as well (but I don't know too
much about it). But, to my knowledge, I do not think that EnergyPlus
is capable of interacting with programs such as MATLAB as you
mention. Honestly, I do not understand why you would need EnergyPlus
to interact with MATLAB.
> ?> -Dimos Triantafillu

Schedule.
> I've given the "Outdoor Air Flow Per Person", of course, in
> the "Sizing:Zone" .
> Why the outdoor air flow rate can not change with the Occupy
Schedule?

> By the way, does EPlus interact with other softwrae, just like
Matlab