Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDF Editor

There are several options in the IDF Editor for the order of objects.  In the current version, they are listed in the "Save Options" dialogue on the File Menu.

If you select the "sorted" option, I believe you will get all the objects of the same class grouped together.

Originally, that was the only option.  But some people like to group things in hierarchical order (e.g.,

Zone
  Surfaces
  Internal heat gains

and the sorted object messed that up for them.

Hope this helps.  I would encourage you to move up to the latest release.  (Our next release, V3.1, is targeted for early April)

EnergyPlus Development Team