Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] About exterior surface convection coefficient algorithms in EP

I think in design day calculation and it convert solar radiation into a "surface solar temperature" and use the temperature to do PRF. However it is a simplified way.

The way I know how to calculate convective heat transfer coeff based on wind speed is to use a 2nd order polynomial equation (empirical). I think is documented in E+ engineering reference. The wind speed is read from weather file.

--
Best Regards

Kelvin Feng