Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] creating 'real' weather files - Wind/solar data

Paul,

Please take a look at page three of the attached document and under the section "Solar and Shading Calculations" you'll find that E+ calculates all the radiation values needed from your location and geometry input. I was confused as to how E+ calculated radiation values at first as well when I saw that the standard weather files have no radiation data and then I stumbled upon this document.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Arslan
coop Student