Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cooling load - simulation crash - help

Dear ifigeneia

If you are using a dual set point thermostat it does really make sense.
Even if it was running with another program it is quit often that there is compatibility problems between the programmes and the same thing (in your case the thermostat) has to be set in a different way.

My suggestion is change the thermostat to single point and also the schedules that are related to the thermostat.

Best Regards
George
--- ΣÏ?ιÏ? ΠαÏ?., 10/07/09, ο/η Theodoridou Ifigeneia <ifigeneia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγÏ?αÏ?ε:

Î?Ï?Ï?: Theodoridou Ifigeneia <ifigeneia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Î?έμα: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cooling load - simulation crash - help
ΠÏ?οÏ?: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Î?μεÏ?ομηνία: ΠαÏ?αÏ?κεÏ?ή, 10 Î?οÏ?λιοÏ? 2009, 15:05

Thank u for the instant response!

I could ignore the warnings, but the problem is the error is fatal, the simulation crashes and I am getting no results...

I have run the same file (the same inputs with the dual setpoint) for an other building and it didnt crash. It doesnt make sence...

O/H Richard Raustad έγÏ?αÏ?ε:
The warnings are just telling you the cooling loads in those zones are
0, but you already know that since there is no cooling system.

Does the thermostat use a "dual set point", or just a "single heating"
set point?

If you are using a dual set point, change it to single heating set point
and see if the warnings disappear. If that doesn't help, just ignore the
warnings.

If you are using a single heating set point, you can ignore these warnings.

ifigeneiat wrote:

Dear all,

I am having a hard time with an idf file imported from DB. It only has
a heating system (baseboards) . The simulation is running, all
branches, nodes etc. passed the control, but when coming to the
"running E+ simulation ? SUMMER DESIGN DAY" it crashes! The error

message says that the cooling loads of my heated zones are equal to zero.
How do I solve this? I never asked for E+ to calculate any of this and
no cooling system is on.

Thanx in advance!

ifigeneia

ΧÏ?ηÏ?ιμοÏ?οιείÏ?ε Yahoo!
Î?αÏ?εθήκαÏ?ε Ï?α ενοÏ?ληÏ?ικά μηνÏ? μαÏ?α (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέÏ?ει Ï?ην καλÏ?Ï?εÏ?η δÏ?ναÏ?ή Ï?Ï?οÏ?Ï?αÏ?ία καÏ?ά Ï?Ï?ν ενοÏ?ληÏ?ικÏ?ν μηνÏ?μάÏ?Ï?ν