From: Richard Raustad <RRaustad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 5:38:11 PM
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How define n50 ifiltration

If you know the ACH at 50 pascals, you need to convert that information
to the ACH at normal building pressure. Here in Florida we use a factor
of 40 (which would mean ACH = 0.025 at normal building pressure), in the
rest of the United States the factor is 20 (which would mean ACH =
0.05). The different factors represent the differences in altitude,
local average wind speed, stack effect, etc. So in Florida, 2.5% of the
total building volume is exchanged each hour (m3/hr) and then that
number would have to be converted to m3/s (divide by 3600).

There are tables in the Residential Energy book by Krigger (pg 286 in
the appendix) that specify the factors used for other locations, but for
other countries, I am not sure where that information would be found.