To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: xing.shi.2006@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:03:55 +0800
Subject: Re: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Processing IDF file error

Hello! Dr. Li

My laptop has Windows XP on it.

The path setup appears to be correct on my computer.  In fact, I used "runeplus 1 1" quite a few times before and got correct results.  I successfully linked EP with modeFrontier (an optimization program initially developed by Airbus).  Since modeFrontier has its own working directory, I had to rewrite the batch file as follows:

set program_path=%work_dir%\
 set program_name=EnergyPlus.exe
 set input_path=%work_dir%\
 set output_path=%work_dir%\
 set post_proc=e:\research\software\energyplusv3-1-0\test\PostProcess\
 set weather_path=e:\research\software\energyplusv3-1-0\test\WeatherData\
 set pausing=N
 set maxcol=250

Here, %work_dir% is the temporary working directory modeFrontier sets up.  By rewriting the runeplus batch file like this, I managed to get correct results.

However, I just can't get it right this time.  Plus, if the paths are not set properly, EnergyPlus should give different error message if I am not mistaken.

Thank you for your reply!

å??件人ï¼? YuanLu å??å?­ Li
å??é??æ?¶é?´ï¼? 2009-08-12  22:44:04
�件人� Linda
æ??é??ï¼?
主�� RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Processing IDF file error

Hi, XingShi,

Are you using a PC running Windows VISTA?

If you are, there are many other possibilities that will prevent a DOS program from running properly, without going through a Windows interface and without Adminstrator privilege.

EPlus rename files before execution.  If you copy a file to a new directory in VISTA it can be Read only and may not modified.

Therefore, files in two different file directories can behave differently, one works and one fails, simply because it is read only and cannot me renamed by the preprocessor.

When you run with the EPlaunch, the paths are set up by the EPlaunch.  When you run your own batch file, you are responsible in setting up the necessary file paths.  There are about nine of them.

If "runeplus 1 1" is your input in DOS command line, I cannot see how it would work.  %1 and %2 must be entered with full-path information.

 set program_path=
 set program_name=EnergyPlus.exe
 set input_path=ExampleFiles\
 set output_path=ExampleFiles\Outputs\
 set post_proc=PostProcess\
 set weather_path=WeatherData\
 set pausing=N
 set maxcol=250

The runeplus.bat sets up the path as above.  It works only with an IDF file in the ExampleFiles directory.

Dr. Li.