RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] PhotovoltaicPerformance:EquivalentOne-Diode

(Re PS) That’s right, in Version 3.1 there is a known bug (now fixed for next release) where some indexes are messed up during input checks.  When using more than one different Sandia or one-diode performances objects, you need to use a work around which is to include the same count of dummy simple PV performance objects in the file.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Morgan Goff
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 5:20 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] PhotovoltaicPerformance:EquivalentOne-Diode

Yeah I figured it was something like that.  I used the standard value of 1.12eV for the bandgap, much like the examples in the I/O Reference.  I decided to use a similar PV panel by a different company and got it to work.  Thanks for your help Brent

Morgan

P.S. (Possible Bug)

I noticed that when a performance one diode object is referenced by a generator:photovoltaic that performance obj must be the first one.  I can't have another object (another performance), then the one referenced follow.  If I run the simulation like this I will get an error of "Invalid Performance object name".  Same thing happens with the Sandia performance object.  It would seem that the program tries to read in the performance obj but only checks the first obj and not any that may follow.  Doesn't really affect me, just something I noticed.