Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: New poll for EnergyPlus_Support

Linda,

You would probably want to use PDF/X-1a.  I believe that X-2 and X-3 differ from X-1a only in that they accept calibrated color schemes (RGB and CIE in X-2 and X-3 respectively).

As I mentioned in the last email, PDF/X-1a does not let you include dynamic content, but if your purpose of the poll was to determine what version of Acrobat to use as a target for EnergyPlus documentation, I think the answer is simple: generate for PDF/X1-a because it  is the International standard for archival documentation.  It's as standard as you can get.

Ralph

Ralph Muehleisen, Ph.D., P.E., LEED AP, FASA
Assistant Professor and Director of the Miller Acoustics Lab
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago, IL 60616
muehleisen@xxxxxxx
tel: 312-567-3545  fax:312-567-3519