RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Help with error message for EP launch

HI, Frank

The read-only flag will always shown as selected, when you open the pop up. After you un-checked it, click apply.

If you are using the Window explore, you can turn on the 'attribute' column (Right click on the column bar and choose 'custom'.)  With this attribute column the file status is individually displayed.

You can try changing the attribute of each file as you die for the directory using the 'property'.

If you cannot change it, it confirms that you do not have the previlege to do so.  You then must login as an administrator and grant yourself the administrator previlege.

All new directory when newly created is marked 'read-on'  When you move a file into a directly, it can be marked as 'read-only' as well.  This will happen later, if you can only run the EPlus once.  It will not run the second time because the first set of files are marked 'read-on'.

To avoid all this, you must run EPlus as an administrator, and login as a user with administrator previlige.

To do this you must login as an administrator first, and then proceed to user managaement, to grant your user ID the administrator previlege.

 Dr. Li