Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Is 3D Geometry required?

You can do that.  And it is suggested that you do that.

I forget but I think you can represent an entire zone with "internal mass" surfaces.  (only area and construction required).

The full geometry does NOT need to be entered -- but if you enter geometry it must be 3D.  (Hope that is understandable)