Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Multiple instances of EnergyPlus Running at the same time.

Thank You

I get the idea, I´ve a i7 CPU 64 and only uses 12% of its capacity during each simulation

MN

From: FCoelho <fabio.coelho@xxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, December 7, 2009 11:37:02 AM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Multiple instances of EnergyPlus Running at the same time.

Mario,

The calculations would be performed on the graphics card processor unit (which is a multiprocessor) rather then the CPU, several calculations could be performed at the same time. Calculations which do not depend on each other could be distributed by the processors. There are reported cases where simulations were speed up by 50x to 100x times. This simulation types benefit more from the number of cores rather than the speed.
I'm envisioning some of the time-step calculations could be done in parallel, I think this would be an easy answer from the E+ developers.

Fabio Coelho