From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phylroy
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 6:37 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Multiple instances of EnergyPlus Running at the same time.

Ah I see....

To run E+ from another folder and avoid simulation conflicts, you just need to run it from in a separate folder.

1. The .ini file pointing to the root installation folder. like [program]
dir=C:\ENERGY~1\)
2. A idf file named "In.idf"
3. A EPW file names "In.epw"
Then while in the separate folder, run.
C:\EnergyPlusV4-0-0\energyplus.exe

The RunEplus makes sure old files are gone, changes the name of the weather and idf files to the above.

I'm writing a small threaded ruby script to divide an annual simulation into the number of cpus-cores to speed up the runtime and then eventually add up the energy, find the peaks, and underheated hours, using the eso or the sql output. I have an 8-core computer and want to take advantage of it. I'll post the first part of it if anybody is interested.

Phylroy