From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of L Lawrie
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:13 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: 64 bit Windows 7

There are many factors in software utilizing more resources in computing. EnergyPlus simulation processes may never be adapted to parallel processing -- the simulation process don't necessarily lend itself to advantage of parallel processors.

EnergyPlus must be taking as much memory as it needs. The memory it needs depends on the number of zones, surfaces, etc.