[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: hole in the wall

Hi,

This is exactly what I have been trying to achieve over the past week.  I believe, by definition, a zone must be fully enclosed by surfaces.  Therefore, the next best thing would be surface which mimics a non-existant window.  You could use the simple glazing system and define transmittance as 0.999 and the U-value as 7 (the limits).  Increasing airflow would increase the effective U-value.  I would think that the other inevitable simplications in the EP daylight model would be more significant than the 0.001 (or whatever) daylight you're reflecting out.

If you're trying to have light go from one zone to another, note that you might get unexpected results, as I recently posted on.

Please post if you're successful in a solution to this.

Liam