RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Why the generators stop working when selected "Follow Thermal"

Switching to FollowThermal requires also moving the CHP unit from the demand side to the supply side of the plant loop.  You can’t just make a change in ElectricLoadCenter:Distribution, you need to rearrange the plant loop as well.  You might want to look at the example file called MicroCogeneration.idf.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of pzhaocsm
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:05 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Why the generators stop working when selected "Follow Thermal"

Hello,
I have tried the HeatRecoveryPlantLoop.idf for CHP application.
I selected "follow thermal" of "Generator Operation Scheme Type" in "ElectricLoadCenter:Distribution" object. When the "follow thermal" option is selected, the three generators all stopped working and of course no thermal energy output. But I found the output of "HOT WATER LOOP:Plant Loop Unmet Demand" was zero, so the thermal demand must be met by the water heater on the heating loop.
Then I checked the "Big Water Heater" of "WaterHeater:Mixed", which is on the heat recovery loop (and also on the supply side of heating loop) and supposed to collect the hot water from generators for heating coils. I found the "Big Water Heater" is running on electricity with maximum "200000 W", I turned it to be "0", because I want the heating demand met by recovered hot water from generators.
But the simulation result is: The generators are still not working (no electricity output, not thermal output), the output of "HOT WATER LOOP:Plant Loop Unmet Demand" to be very high, so all of the heating demand was not met, and room temperature goes down to be -1 or -2 in the winter. So the thermal output (now is zero) of generators are not following the demand.
How does this happen? How can I make the generators working on following the thermal load? How can I use the recovered hot water for heating instead of electric water heaters?

Thanks a lot!
Peng