[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Thermal Comfort Issues

There are several additional comfort models that are more complex than the basic Standard 55 limits.  These are accessed through the People object and have various report variables associated with them.  Examining time series results such as Fanger PMV and operative temperature can be more informative than the summary of hours not met.

The humidity ratio used here is the result calculated for zone air conditions.  E+ modeling addresses moist air conditions in a fairly thorough manner.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Morss, Greg
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:36 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Thermal Comfort Issues

Thanks for the help.  I have tried using the ZoneControl:Thermostatic:OperativeTemperature but with no real visible success.  Any suggestions on where to check if it is impacting the comfort properly?  Also what Humidity Ratio is referenced in the thermal comfort calculations?  If its from the Sizing:System is it Preheat or Central?  Or is it outside the sizing object?  Thanks again

Greg Morss