[EnergyPlus_Support] How to model a desiccant evaporative cooling system?

Hi,

I would like to model a Desiccant Evaporative Cooling (DEC) system based on the attached file (DEC_principle.png).

For that, I first wanted to use an AirLoopHVAC object but it seems that this kind of loop requires to recycle a part of the return air (using an OutdoorAir:Mixer object). In my case, the supply air is composed of 100% new air so I cannot model my system based on this object. Do you agree or did I miss some points? May be there is a way to define an open loop without including any mixer?

I also looked at ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit object. But it seems to be dedicated to secondary systems, meaning for me that it cannot be used to provide the cooling needs of a zone. The field Unit Control Type confirms this point: the goal is to avoid affecting the zone air heat balance. I also noticed that no component could be placed on the exhaust path. So this object could not be used in my case.

I finally checked the example files where Dehumidifier:Desiccant objects are used. But it seems that they are used only on the outdoor side of a mixer or in outdoor air unit...

So do you have any suggestions to model my system?

Many Thanks for your help.
Herve
Attachment not found:
d:\eudora\attach\DEC_principle.png