[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ASHRAE Equipment Capacity Sizing Factors - Different for Heating and Cooling

James, your second method was the one I was most likely to use as supporting a conservative deviation, i.e. 1.15 for heating instead of 1.25 is easy enough to document for LEED certification purposes.

Like you say, just oversizing the chiller or boiler is the obvious, but one should then oversize coils, fans and so on as well. By hand this is realistically only possible for very simple building models, and I suspect these two methods are the ones that have been used in the past.

Has anybody written an EMS to do this?