Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EP-launch with separate weather file

If you use the weather file, it will override any location that would be specified in the idf.

For design conditions, you would need to reference the special periods on the weather file or incorporate an external file.

You will still need to have a RunPeriod (for weather file) object
and
a SimulationControl object to direct EnergyPlus what to do.

What sections of the manual did you look at?