[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Changing orientation of building

Hi Jose,

For optimization studies using more complex geometry, you are better off creating your own script that reads in a configuration file, does some calculations, then outputs to an IDF file.  Then have your optimization engine call this script instead of calling e+ directly.  I often use this approach when working with GenOpt and custom optimization tools.

A nice language for doing this is Python. You don't have to be a programmer to work with it.

Good Luck,

Scott